Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Voice



31 days of five minute free writes, encouragement, living


Each of us has a voice. Our calling is to use it for good. While some people sing songs, others give speeches. Some people use their voices to teach children how to read. Maybe you use your voice to write words. However you use your voice, use it wisely. Words matter.

I want to use my voice to draw attention to God, and not to myself. That can be a tricky road to walk, because the world around us calls for us to promote ourselves, but God calls us to serve. 
May my words serve to encourage and challenge others.

While I was ruminating on what to write for this prompt, I was reminded that a long time ago (1995) my dad and his oldest brother put together a book of their father's poetry. My grandpa died before I was born, so I never heard his voice, yet, I can know it when I read his poetry. 
Today I share a small piece with you.

Fragment 7
by Harold Gale Emrick 
Courtesy of the publisher Emrick Press Limited

For a song in the soul
When the storm clouds roll
And the waves break high
         On the strand
Just turn to the Lord
Believe on His word
And reach for His 
         Outstretched hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment