Sunday, October 7, 2018

Hope



Write 31 days, 31 days of 5 minute free writes, writing



There are so many thing I could write about hope, but today I want to focus on this song I have sung since I was little. Maybe you know it too.

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly trust in Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
all other ground is sinking sand
all other ground is sinking sand.

Hope

hope in life eternal

hope in healing of broken hearts

hope in a better tomorrow as I learn to trust God more and more each day

Hope that my family will learn to trust Him more and more.

I think of sinking sand in the song like when you stand in the edge of the ocean and the waves slowly wash away the sand under your feet. You slowly but surely sink. It may not be obvious for the first few minutes, but then your realize, you are sinking. Get out - move!


I have hope in a future that has already begun, because I have been forgiven and set free. Not trusting in myself, not trusting in the things of this world, but trusting wholly and solely on Jesus! That is the hope that never disappoints!





No comments:

Post a Comment