Thursday, October 11, 2018

Door



Write 31 days, 31 days of 5 minute free writes, writing


What doors can we open when we share the story of what God has done for us? Where do you see a closed heart, a shuttered mind, a person afraid of the world? All of those might be opportunities that God has given you to shine His light by simply sharing a story about what Jesus has done for you.

Here is my story: I was so very lost. I was like a Pharisee, I thought I was good, but inside my heart was so very awful. I was self-righteous and proud of all the wrong things. Jesus saved me from myself. He showed me what true love is: sacrifice. He forgave me, washed me clean, and set me free.

Jesus offers each person the chance to open the door of their heart and accept Him. He turns no one away. God desires that all would repent and come to saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.  (1 Timothy 2:3-6)

Tell your story. 
Tell it softly to those who have been hurt, tell it boldly to those who are lost, tell it often to those who doubt that God could love them - but tell it!

Jesus stands at the door waiting for us to open our hearts to His love and mercy.


Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.  -Revelation 3:20






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I'm so happy that you have experienced God's saving grace. Continue to share here, I'll be back to see more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete