Tuesday, October 22, 2019

sense



31 days of five minute free writes, emotional health



When you get a sense of who you want to be, or what you need to work on in your life, what do you do as your first step towards that change?

I've realized that I need to spend a lot more time in prayer about things I want to change before I actually start changing them. It's not shoot, aim, adjust, shoot - it should be aim, adjust, then fire.

So what am I praying for or about? I need to seek God's wisdom on the parts of my life, both physical and emotional where I want to see change. Instead of jumping headfirst without looking into a change, I want to be grounded in His love, seated in His presence so that I can hear when He tells me yes or no, and which way to proceed. 

There is a verse in Isaiah that I have always cherished. Even in the midst of adversity and pain, God was promising to be with the Israelites:

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~Isaiah 30:21


In order to hear that voice I have to be listening. If you're ready to change things in your life, get alone with God, be still, and wait until His voice tells you to turn to the right or the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment