Monday, October 7, 2019

same


emotional health, 31days of october, writing, journey


God knows that we are going to face troubles and trials in this life. We know that on some level ourselves, but then we struggle with being content in our circumstances. What if we finally decided that contentment does not equal sameness? What if we step out in faith and ask God to show us how to be content while also changing things around us?

What would you do if you had nothing to loose?


For most of us, we struggle to even think about that question. We have had the same-ness of jobs, family responsibilities, and financial struggles for so long that we have a hard time imagining our lives being any different. I believe God wants something more for us and our lives. 

I can be content with where God has placed me, and still be looking forward to where He is going to lead me next. My life was not designed to be ordinary - to have every day be more of the same. My life was designed for me to delight in God, in the wonder of His creation, and in seeing Him work His power to His glory all around us. 

I was designed to live an extraordinary life.


It is okay to have a routine. It helps me get out the door to work on time, or to do the most grocery shopping and errands in a limited amount of time. But life is more than routines. Life is about change and growth, and about what God is doing.

God is the only thing that stays the same - He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

Me? I'm a work in progress. Each time I learn something new, I ask God to show me how that is supposed to play out in my daily life. I have a long way to go. Some days my heart is still very hard. I don't want to stay that way - I want to be loving and kind. Those can be hard emotions to live out. I have to look to Jesus for my example, and His love was hard work, truth, and compassion.

Trust the One who never changes, and then get ready to see Him change your life into something different!


No comments:

Post a Comment