Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Rest



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, rest

This is the 31st day of the October writing challenge. I want to leave you with one of the passages of Scripture that I have clung to for all of my adult life. It reminds me that when I feel overwhelmed it is because I am trying to live this life in my own power, instead of accepting the power and strength that can only come from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I need to rest in Christ. If you find yourself always striving and never achieving, or floating helplessly in a storm-tossed ocean, then bow your knee and recognize your need of Him. Admit your need of rest.

May these verses full you anew with the hope and peace that He offers us.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29 NIV






Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

1 comment:

  1. Carol, thank you for this thoughtful series. I have been struck by it many times along the way.

    ReplyDelete