Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Because



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, because

In Mark 12, Jesus was discussing several issues with the Pharisees. When they got to the subjects of divorce, death, and eternal life, Jesus rebuked the pharisees with these words:
 Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God? (verse 24)

Is that not always our problem as well? 

We struggle with what to do in our lives, how to handle a conflict, how to proceed with the most benevolence, how to love our family and our fellow man, all because we neither know the Word of God nor trust in His power. 

Before you get all bent out of shape, let us take minute to think about this. When Jesus was an adolescent, the Jewish boys would memorize the first five books of what we call the Old Testament. 

When was the last time you memorized Scripture? 

I'll admit that it is much harder for me to do now than when I was younger, but I know I still need to do it. That is part of why I have been illustrating Bible verses with my hand lettering for the past two years. Do you too need a push to get back to reading, studying and memorizing God's Word so you can know the Scriptures? 

And what about the second part? 

Do I really know the power of God? Do I trust Him to use it on my behalf, to show me His power as He works out the struggles of my life for His glory and my good? While I would like to say yes, I know that some days the answer is no. 

Lord, help my unbelief!

May we study God's Word, and be on the lookout for the power of God at work in our lives. Because He loves us and died for us we now have hope. 

Because He lives, we can face tomorrow with joy!





Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment