Saturday, October 7, 2017

Hold





Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, hold

What am I holding on to?
Are there material things that I hold too tightly? Are their people that I hold in esteem? Am I holding on to my children instead of letting them grow up?

As moms especially I think we hold on to a lot of things. Maybe these are pictures of our children as babies or tiny little shoes they once wore. While I do not think is wrong to hold on to some mementos of our past, may we hold them like memories or delicate flowers - may we hold them loosely.

What we do need to hold onto is God and His word! We need to cling to God for our daily bread, our daily strength, and the ability to forgive. We should be holding onto our lifeline - Christ - from whom our eternal life comes. 

Cherish your memories, hold others in high regard as they are also made in the image of our Father, hold tight to your family in love, and cling to the cross where all things fade in the light of looking upon the face of Jesus.


Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 
1 Timothy 6:12


Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment