Sunday, October 1, 2017

Worship



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, worship

What comes to mind when you hear the word worship? Is it Sunday morning services with singing  and preaching? Is it the time you spend alone in the forest wondering at the majesty of God's creation? To me, the first thing that I thought of was Jesus' conversation with the woman at the well. She was a Samaritan, an outcast, virtually a nobody in the eyes of the Jews, and yet, Christ told her that soon she and other believers would worship in spirit and in truth.

This morning as I sat in church I thought about that verse again. I want my entire life to be an act of worship. I want my life to be filled with the Holy Spirit's leading, and filled with truth. Life can be so complicated at times, but God is showing me how the community of believers can come together to worship, to love, and to point others to Christ. We do this by focusing on Jesus - the way, the truth, and the life - the only way to the Father.

May each day be filled with reminders that my life is His, and may His light shine forth in the darkness.




Christian living, 31 day writing challenge



2 comments: