Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Create



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, create


Psalm 51 was written by David in response to his sin. He had been confronted by Nathan the prophet and when David understood just how grievous his sin was, he repented and asked God to cleanse him.
 We often sing a song based upon Psalm 51 : Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me...

While we are asking God to forgive us, while we are asking Him to renew us, may we remember that He does this because of His steadfast love, because of His abundant mercy. And may we extend that abundant love and mercy to others. What good is it to be forgiven, to be cleansed, to be made new within if our outward lives continue the same? Where is our grace toward others? Where are we called to extend mercy today?

God has created me, He has made me new, and He has sent me into the world to shine His light. May each thing I create in this world show His goodness and mercy. May my life be an extension of His great love.

More and more I feel compelled to write. To write of His love, His grace, and his mercy towards me. I echo Paul's words from 1 Timothy 1:15 ~

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

This weekend I will be attending the Breathe Christian Writers Conference, this year's theme? Create to connect. May I be listening to the whisper of God to my heart. May each thing I create be a reflection of Him.


Christian living, 31 day writing challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment