Saturday, October 21, 2017

Give



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, give

In his Gospel, John covered so many of the stories of Jesus' life from a viewpoint of His amazing love for us. Jesus gave us not only His love, but His life. I am continually amazed that God would choose to love me, a sinner, and give His life for mine. 

Some days as a wife and mother I feel like I have given all I can give, and there are still hours left before bedtime and a never-ending to-do list. The only way I have found to continue on is in God's grace and strength. I am reminded over and over again of Jesus' words recorded in John 14:27 ~ "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

When I am tired, or anxious, I remember these words, and I find comfort, I find strength. I am reminded that God knows my days, and He sees my every need. He is the one who has equipped me for these tasks - and He is able!


Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment