Monday, October 30, 2017

Refine



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, refine

Is God at work refining you? I know I have been in the refiner's fire several times in my life ... ok, several times this year already. Let's be honest, sometimes the fire hurts. It hurts our pride, it makes us uncomfortable, and sometimes, we doubt what God is doing.

The real question is do we want to see the beauty God is revealing, or would we rather stay full of dross? When the refiner's fire is hot, I need to mind myself that it is God at work, changing me to make me more like Christ. If you are in the fire right now, know that God has something in mind for the pure gold He is refining you into. Look for the little glimpses of beauty in your life, and hold on to the assurance that God is doing the work, and He has a plan for you. If you're struggling with doubt, ask Him to reveal to you how He has refined others, ask Him to show you how much dross He has already removed form your life, and ask your friends to pray with you through the process. 

May we each be refined so that we can shine forth the light of Christ to a lost and dying world.



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment