Sunday, October 22, 2017

Light



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, light


Jesus said we are to be the light of the world. This morning at church the pastor compared our lives on this side of eternity to a short term mission trip. It really made me think about how I view my everyday life. 

What if I only had a week to share the love of Jesus with those around me? What if I only had a few days, or a few minutes, to share Christ with my co-workers? Will my life have enough evidence to shine forth the light of Jesus to those I encounter? May my prayer life focus on searching out how and where God wants me to focus, may my words and actions shine His light to the lost world around me. May I remember that as tired as I might be at the end of the day, those without the hope of eternal life are even more tired - they are bone weary - and they need that hope I can share! 

May our words, our lives, be as effective for spreading God's kingdom each week, each day of our lives, as they would be on a mission trip. For truly, this life is just a fleeting trip in the scope of eternity!



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment