Sunday, October 13, 2019

reach



31 days of five minute free writes, 31 days of October, emotional health

When you think about how you're emotional health affects those around you, your first thought is probably to your immediate family nd close friends. But the way you handle and process your emotions can have much more far-reaching effects.

Who do you interact with on a daily or weekly basis? Let's call this your "reach." These are the people who might notice a different win your emotional health, even if you think they're not paying attention. The clerk at the grocery store, the person in the cubicle next to you at work, the UPS man who makes the afternoon deliveries. You might think these are small interactions and they might not notice a change in you for the better to the worse, yet, they probably do.

So who really benefits when you work towards better emotional health? A lot of people!

Unfortunately, our world is filled with a sad, angry, and hurting people. We may not be able to change the world, but we can change our own little corner of it.

Each day that I allow God to help me work through my emotions in a healthy ways another day when I can be compassionate and kind to others.

Each day that I step forward on this journey is an opportunity to pour some that hope I have received into the lives of those within my reach. That sounds like a good day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment