Thursday, October 24, 2019

different



31 days of five minute free writes, emotional health


Oh, to be different!

That has been my goal for so long I cannot remember when it started. It might have been tempting to be popular, but I really wanted to be different. It was not because I found fault with how others were living or dressing, it was because the creative bent inside of me longed to be free.

I wanted to be different. I did not fit any normal mold growing up. I still do not. Thankfully I have a few close friends who love me and all of my quirks!

Do you long to be different?


Not only do I want my life to look different, I want my soul to be different. I believe God does not want me to live an ordinary life. Rather, He desires for me to live an extraordinary life! I am still on that journey to find out what that entails...

The statistics are ordinary: I am married and we have two children. We both work, and occasionally, we save enough to go on vacation. From the outside my life might look boring - but it rarely is!

I see the beauty in the little details - that's thanks to my artist dad. I see patterns in nature and numbers - that's thanks to my mathematician mom. I can choose to meet every deadline, or ignore them all depending on which part of my quirky self is taking charge that day. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by all that goes on in my brain and need to take a break.

It's okay to be different. Being different leads to extraordinary things!




No comments:

Post a Comment