Friday, January 17, 2014

Thankful Thursdays - 1/16/14 - Radiators!

As I went to bed last night (which was really this morning) I thought about how thankful I am for our radiators. 

We live in an old house. It's been here more than 100 years. We think originally it had a coal-fired furnace (hence the coal chute into the basement.) 

Somewhere along the way it was converted to a boiler/ radiator system. I'll admit it, while it does get dry in the winter ( it doesn't have a humidifier,) we feel really blessed to have radiators! This heating system is a lot less expensive to use than a forced-air furnace, AND you can put your slippers or blanket on top of the radiator and have them all toasty!

This point of toasty-ness is particularly important to me, because I do NOT like being cold. This past week I spent a lot of time in the cold, and it was such a blessing to be able to come home and stand right up against the radiator to defrost myself. 

I remember in college, they had steam-heat radiators, and they got too hot to touch. Ours are hot-water radiators and they are just right! In fact, I just put my toasty slippers on my cold toes - ahhh... bliss.

We live in Indiana, the weather has been cold, but our radiators are warm.

Today I'm thankful for our radiators. What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment