Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday 12/26/13 - Christmas

I am thankful for Christmas! The humble baby whose birth it celebrates grew up to become my Savior and King. It matters not a whit when (or even IF) you celebrate Christmas Day. The event happened and changed the world forever. 

God's Son came to earth to save us from our sin. He came to save us from ourselves. Romans 7:18 reads "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."


Do you feel like this verse applies to you? I often do. I know that my inner self is wretched, but praise be to God, He has forgiven me and cleansed me of my sin!



I choose to celebrate Christmas because it reminds me of how great a gift I have received. It reminds me to be daily mindful of Easter, and Christ's power over death.

As 2013 come to an end, and you think back over the holidays (Holy days) that you have celebrated, be thankful of these words from Romans 5:8 "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."


Today, and everyday, I give thanks for Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment