Saturday, January 10, 2015

P-interesting...

Do you use Pinterest? Do you find it interesting? Pinterest is still fairly new to me, but I'm finding ways to make it work for me. Like any other tool, we need to have a plan, and hopefully some instruction when using Pinterest. Several of my friends (and many fellow Crew bloggers) have been quite helpful as I learn this new platform. 

I'm trying to be selective about my pins on Pinterest, because I don't like messy. Please don't misunderstand me, I like to DO messy things: like bake, garden, or work with pottery, but I don't like a mess just to say there are more things there than were there yesterday. So if you pop over to Pinterest and look at my boards you'll see there are only a large handful. Here are a few of them:


I'm trying to sort out what I want to pin into realistic categories. There is a board of "Elementary aged ideas to share" because I have so many friends with littles. Even though I don't need any ideas for this age anymore, I want an easy place for my friends and readers to find them. (Hope you find something YOU like there because there are SO MANY cute things to do with your kids...and they have instructions and pictures... unlike when our girls were little and you just hoped it turned out right.)

There is a board of recipes I want to keep, and another board for sweets - because, well, no matter how much I like sweets - they're not a necessity. I've also added one more recipe-ish board - this one for household things or other non-food recipes. . . things like play-doh, essential oil blends, and beauty care items.

Pinterest can be interesting, if we remember that it is a tool, and that we need to step away and spend more time with our family and not very much time online. You'll need to set your own limits on using Pinterest. What works for me may not work for you. 

Oh, don't forget. . . your home and projects do not to be "Pinterest-worthy" looking to be great. Get some ideas, and then get to work making messy memories with your family!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment