Friday, July 4, 2014

Thankful Thursdays - 7/3/2014 - Lunch Dates

A lot of our friends go out for "Date Night" about once a month. That rarely ever happens with us, try maybe twice a year. Part of the reason is because Kurt's schedule changes every week. . . that doesn't exactly lend itself to planning ahead. My schedule changes a lot too, so what we do instead is usually a lunch date, or a movie from Netflix without the girls.

I'd like to tell you about a recent lunch date I was thankful for, and how it all came about.

Our girls both volunteer at Conner Prairie (a living history museum,) and part of their job is to turn in their requested days to be scheduled a month in advance. 

Thus, by May 1st, you have to have turned in your June schedule. . . see how this can be difficult to coordinate with Kurt's ever changing schedule??? So one time last month, the girls were both scheduled to work all day on a Friday, when Kurt had the day off.

Now, sometimes we just go to Conner Prairie as guests while they're working, but this time we had several errands to run together. Yup, you guessed it, I wanted Kurt to carry the stuff to the car for me! :) 

Then, I had a brilliant plan, what if, instead of packing our OWN lunches . . . we just headed to Chik-fil-A?!

Yeah, Kurt was thankful for that idea too! Just in case you somehow don't know what Chick-fil-A is, it's a restaurant, an almost-fast-food-but yummier place, that serves. . . chicken! So after dropping the girls off and running several errands, we went for lunch. I would show you how delicious my sandwich looked, but, alas, I was too hungry to snap a picture before I dug in! So, here is the evidence of my wonderful lunch.


Then, just to be EXTRA thankful, we shared a strawberry milkshake. Extra yum!


A lunch date for under $20, and some time with my husband, great reasons to be thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment