Friday, February 3, 2017

Breathe

Today's Five Minute Friday writing prompt is: breathe

Set a timer - GO!

Breathe, Five minute Friday writing prompts


As soon as I read that today's word was breathe, I immediately started singing Jonny Diaz's song in my head, and this part in particular :

Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need

Is to take it in fill your lungs
The Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what's good and find what's best
Just breathe



The whole song points out what so many of us have realized,  that our everyday lives have become a chaos of busy, and we find ourselves too busy for God. How has this happened? How have we turned our backs on the One who made all things, sustains them, and loves us? 

We get busy...

We forget to breathe.

God's calls us to worship Him and that can only happen once we have set our hope fully upon Him. If we have the right foundation, the rock of Christ, then it doesn't matter how busy our everyday lives become, we find the time to breathe, and appreciate His goodness in the everyday small details, as well as the big miracles. 

Too many times I have heard people say they have not seen any miracles. I know a miracle every single time I breathe! It is God who sustains me, through the craziness of life, through hard times, through trials, and through joyful times of worship. 

As the song reminds us "To take it in and fill your lungs (with) the peace of God that overcomes." That is what I need every day. A time, a remembering, to breathe in God's peace. To find my whole being resting in His capable hands.

The end of the bridge of the song is what God most often reminds me of when life gets too busy and I feel like I'm always rushing, that I need to "lay down what's good and find what's best." He is best. God's plan for my life is best, it trumps all other plans I might have made on my own. I have  learned that I can lay down something good and God will bring me what is best.

Breathe.


Stop.

Head on over to Kate's blog and read the other Five Minute Friday posts.


SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Carol. Thank you for the reminder to lay down my burdens at Jesus' feet. There I can have the best things, not what I think is necessary. Only what He wants. (a work in progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, so great to have connected today over at Kate's! I love that line "lay down what's good and find what's best..." wow. That stops me in my tracks for a moment to think how often He's been waiting to be the best thing we ever take in, breathe in, live in. Have the loveliest weekend, friend! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, Carol, this was beautiful and really hits home. Thank you for your continual good challenge to be the "best" that God has made me to be and to look to Him for that. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! I talked about God's goodness in my post. I love what you said about "laying down what's good to find what's best". Perfect reminder for me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well written Carol. Too often we forget the breath we are supposed to take don't we?

    ReplyDelete