Monday, February 27, 2017

Blogging Through the Alphabet ~ Girls!


blogging the alphabet, letter g, working and homeschooling, the blessing of girls


There have been so many blessings we have found along this road of home educating our daughters, but one of our very favorite things has been all the time spent with our girls!

Whether we are reading a history book, watching a play, baking something in the kitchen, or just talking about whatever comes to mind, I have been blessed time after time after time by our girls. This journey has given me a chance to add in things that were missed in my own education, as well as tailor their studies to encourage their strengths while still supporting their growth in their weaker areas.

We love our girls. They stretch us, they encourage us to be better parents, and they love us
...even when we're being grumpy!

God has used our girls to show me both strengths and weaknesses in my own character. He has shown me glimpses of how great His love is for me, by how fiercely I love them. 

Life here is rarely easy. God promised that we would endure trials and struggles, and yet, there is SO MUCH JOY because He promises never to leave us. He reminds us that Christ has overcome the world. 

The next time you're struggling with your girls, remember that God loves them even more than you do! Remind yourself that God has a plan for each of them, and that if you love them fiercely, yet hold them loosely, He will work out His plan in their lives. Girls come with their own unique set of trials (and hormones, and tears,) but they also come with their own unique and inexpressible joys!

I am thankful for the blessing to be able to homeschool our girls! 

They are no longer little, but they are still my little girls!


Read more letter G posts on the link up at Annette and Amanda's blogs!

A Net In Time Schooling





No comments:

Post a Comment