Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursdays - 10/3/13 - Life

How often are you thankful for life ? Do you get discouraged, have hard days, just want to crawl into bed and hide? I think all of us have times like those. I want to encourage you to find the things to be thankful for in your everyday life.

Life can be difficult, tiring, or joyous and inspiring. None of us always have great days. We will all have wonderful days, and challenging days. My point is this: whatever kind of day you are having, be thankful for life. Your life. The lives of your friends and families.

I was reminded this week how precious life is, and how quickly it can end. Two of my former classmates said their final goodbyes to their parents this week. Each one lost a long battle with cancer. Having lost my Dad 10 years ago (to Polio) I can understand their pain and grief. Yet, I've learned to look back and focus on the good times with my Dad, not his illness. Lives ended, hopefully all full of the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, and awaiting an eternal home.

Lives begun. Our lives begin again after a loss of a loved one. There is a new normal. It can be hard to be thankful when you're the one still here, yet joy can be found in God's perfect peace that passes our understanding.

This week, we have a new reason to be thankful. Our friends have a new baby girl. New life, thankfulness, joy.

Where ever you are in your journey, may you take time today to be thankful!


1 comment: