Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday - 10/10/13 - Pumpkin pielets

Today I am thankful for pumpkin! (Ok, I'm thankful for pumpkin almost everyday . . .  it is my all-time favorite type of pie - when done well!)

Pumpkin Pielets before baking :)


But today, my kids are thankful for pumpkin too! I made pie-lets (miniature pies in muffin pans.) Tomorrow they will go off to volunteer for the day, with their very own pumpkin pies for lunch.

How's that for fun?! I remember my Mom making mini pumpkin pies like these when I was in Kindergarten. We had a rotation for snacks, and once when it was my turn to bring snacks to class, (it must have been near Thanksgiving,) Mom made these mini pumpkin pies.

I like the term pielets, although auto-correct thinks I'm typing piglets, I assure you I am not. I just want a cute name for the cute little pies!

So today, we're all thankful for pielets! How about you? What are you thankful for?!

1 comment:

  1. these would look nice sitting on the dessert table at church sunday...hint hint....ha ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete