Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bass Pro Shop -Springfield Missouri

Almost everyone I know has a favorite place to go shopping. I think I found mine earlier this year. To be fair, I've been here before, but it was about 18 years ago... it is A LOT bigger now. The store? Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, Missouri! This is the "GrandDaddy" store, the  biggest Bass Pro shop there is. At half a million square feet, you'll need some time to browse! (No, I'm not getting any kickbacks or payment for writing this post, I just really like this store!)

Bass Pro Shops store are 50% gear, 50% taxidermy, 50% atmosphere. They are much more than your average store! 

This location in particular is like an amusement park for outdoorsmen and women. We stopped here twice in May, once on our way to Oklahoma, and again on our way home. Even if you're not much of an outdoorsman, this store has enough live (& stuffed) wildlife to make it as much fun as the zoo, without the admission charge!




 I crack up every time I read the sign over the front door! It's SO true :)
(Arlene was upset with me wanting to take a picture, she just wanted to get inside!)



 The store has just about anything you could imagine for going outdoors... and  there is even a CATALOG OUTLET store next door!



 Their turtles come in all sizes, there is even a little bitty one... he was off swimming during this shot!



Some parts of the store evoke 'being there.' Kurt would never let me decorate like this at home ... but I still like it! Maybe in our next house...



 When you wander around, you gather inspiration. 
(Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. -Fred Bear)




This place is HUGE! Here Emily and Arlene are standing on one side of the alligator pond...



Across the pond photo 
(See how tiny they look, and this is just one wing of the store!)



 I just could't resist taking Arlene's picture next to the 
"Redhead" shooting range guidelines!!!



Photo Ops? You bet!


So what makes this store great? It reminds me of my love of the outdoors, and provides any gear you might need or want. Did I spend a lot? Not the first stop... but on our way home the Outlet Store was having a Memorial Day tent sale. Yeah, we spent some $ then, however it money was well spent. This is one of those places you and your kids will remember for a lifetime. We spent a lot of time in their "Archery Hall of Fame."

Even if you can't visit this location in Springfield, MO, consider one of the other locations. There are about 75 Bass Pro Shops in the US, and five locations in Canada.

Take a road trip, or at least a field trip, to one sometime soon. I think you'll be glad you did!



1 comment:

  1. I miss Bass Pro Shops!! The closest one to us now is about an hour and half away. My kids used to love to go when the fish were being fed. (AdenaF.com)

    ReplyDelete