Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gardens, bees, and apple trees

Each week in Spring brings something new...or challenging, or both! This week the weather started cooperating, and we have spent part of each of the past 4 days outside. 


The gardens need a lot of work. The yard ranks up there on the to-do list as well...but things need planted! Maybe you're like us and the first step is to divide out your perrenials that have overgrown. We did a lot of that this week, even traded some plants with our friends. We also donated a lot of starts to the Mother's Day plant sale at Conner Prairie.

As we worked in the gardens, and mowed the yard, we were always cognizant of the humming of the apple trees. Wednesday and Thursday the honeybees were all over the trees. 



We only have 2 apple trees, but they're rather big for the size of our yard. I know, they need trimmed, but not this week! If you could have captured a 3-D image of the trees, I'm sure you could have easily counted 100+ bees at any time. By Friday, the humming had lessoned. I guress the honeybees had pretty much polinated everything on their quest. There were a few bumble bees mixed in with the remaining honeybees. As the bees finish their job, the petals fall off of the flowers, it almost looked like snow!

I even managed to capture one picture of a bee resting on the flower. Trust me, I tried for about 20 times before I could get one in focus and photographed before it moved to the next blossom!





I hope you've had a good week. If you haven't, be encouraged, God sees all you have been through this week, this month, this year. He is still in control, and He still has an amazing future for you. Last week was a really hard week for me. This week God has graciously allowed me a small measure of rest. I pray He will do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment