Sunday, July 7, 2019

Begin

We recently took a trip, my husband and I, to celebrate our anniversary. Besides being a great time to get away from the everyday pressures of life and spend time together, it was a sort of sabbatical for me. I've been writing for several years, and I've never really taken a long break of time to just stop, rest, and reflect on where to go next. My writing well had grown dangerously close to dry. It was so refreshing to step away and experience life without having to decide ahead of time what part of it to write about.

While we were away, my friend Kate, who runs the Five Minute Friday community released a writing prompt journal. To honor its release, I decided to start with prompt number one as my first writing after my vacation. You might get to read quite a few of these in coming weeks, as there are 52 writing prompts in The Five-Minute Writing Prompt Journal.

So today, if you too need a fresh start, why not take a few minutes and think about how to begin...



day one, starting over, sabbatical, fresh start


What could you accomplish if you just decided to begin? How often are we crippled by fear of failure? How often do we miss out on a blessing that God has in store for us because we are afraid? Don't let fear stop you - I'm talking to myself here too!

I want to begin, to take a chance on success, and to be content even if the results aren't as amazing as I had hoped. I want to have the faith that can move mountains, but first I must find faith the size of a mustard seed. As it grows and is strengthened, that faith will help me do amazing things, because it is faith in an amazing God!

So today, I begin. I walk by faith, knowing that God will protect me, and assured that He will direct my path, and my words.

I'm not looking to make one right choice, I'm looking forward to a lifetime of correct choices. Following Jesus, encouraging others, and sharing my gifts.

It's day one.


No comments:

Post a Comment