Thursday, September 26, 2019

31 Days of Five mInute Free Writes 2019





This will mark my third year of joining in on the 31 days of five minute free writes for October. It is truly a challenge to write something everyday for 31 days straight. Sometimes I have to write ahead...like when I'm going to be at work until 10 p.m. one day and back at work the next morning.

If you caught Tuesday's post you know I plan to write along a theme. This Spring and Summer our church has been talking about a sometimes taboo subject - emotional health. It's not taboo because there is anything wrong with it - quite the opposite! It seems to be taboo in the church today because if we admit that God has created us with boundaries, then we cannot be everything to everyone and do everything for everyone... and that doesn't always sit well with a church's leadership who are struggling themselves with boundaries and healthy relationships.

So let's move on to what God says - He is the only infinite one in this here galaxy, so we might want to sit at His feet and learn a thing or two. 

If you're wanting to start learning more about emotional health, I recommend the book that many from my church read earlier this year: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero. What a challenging concept, but Oh! so needed. It has allowed our congregation to have real talks about who and what God wants us to be. This fall our Ladies' Bible Study is using: The Emotionally Healthy Woman by Geri Scazzero.

So for several months now, I have been focusing on my emotional health. It is an area of my life that I am sad to say lay neglected for far too long. After a lot of reading and reflection, prayer and choosing to make changes I am headed in the right direction. To honor the changes that God has wrought in me, I am going to follow the 5 minute free write prompts with a nod towards emotional health.

As I share snippets of what God has been working on in my life, I hope you will find encouragement for your own journey. Jesus is the Great Physician. Our true, lasting healing comes from Him. I am in the process of healing. It has been a slow process - and yet - I can see and feel it occurring! 

I no longer feel broken inside.

As the mending continues I hope to be stronger than I was before the damage began. Similar to how a properly healed bone is stronger than before it was broken.

Will you join me for a month as I explore this newfound freedom of emotional health? I hope so! 

See you next Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment