Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 4/30/15 - The Gift of Eyesight



As I was spending time this morning trying to pick out new glasses, I was reminded again that I should be thankful for my eyesight. Do you ever find yourself forgetting to be thankful for all God has given you? I have, many times. I have needed to wear glasses since the third grade. That was a long time ago. Have I been thankful for my glasses? Not nearly enough. Too often I have chafed at needing to wear them instead of being thankful that my eyesight can be corrected. 

Getting accidentally hit in the head by a flyaway ball in sports is painful, getting hit in the glasses is more painful. Yet, being able to see well enough to play sports should have been what I was focusing on. There are groups like the Lions Club that collect old glasses and send them to people who cannot afford to purchase glasses to correct their eyesight. Those are wonderful programs that help many people see clearly for the first time.

Can I be thankful more often? Oh yeah. Will I be thankful more often? That is the real question. Life has been long, rough, and tiring recently. Somewhere along the way I got caught up in survival mode. Somewhere along the way I forgot that it is God's hand that is leading me, and that nothing is too difficult for Him. Today I stopped, and asked for forgiveness for my ungratefulness. God reminded me of how thankful I should be for each gift He gives.

It took me a long time to decide on a pair of glasses. Maybe longer than I should have taken. In the end, it was time well-spent as it pointed me back to the giver of my eyesight. All those choices made me pause and realize just how blessed I am. I am thankful for my eyesight. While it's not perfect, neither am I. When my new glasses arrive, I plan to use them to enjoy more of the beauty of God's creation!


I'm also really thankful that the pot-hole crew is out today and they filled in the crater sized holes in our street.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment