Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 2/26/15 - Indoor Flowers

There are a lot of things to be thankful for this week:
a warm house
a full pantry
friends
sunshine
the thought that Spring will actually arrive someday
every day it makes it above 20 degrees Fahrenheit
AND
my Christmas Cactus is getting ready to bloom again!

I have had this Christmas cactus for at least a dozen years. It has probably only bloomed four or five times, never two years in a row, and hardly ever near Christmas. The picture below is from when it bloomed in December of 2014. There were two blooms then. Right now there are two more buds growing. Hopefully it will bloom in the next couple of weeks.

So why do I keep this picky plant around? Because the blooms are spectacular and worth waiting for! They remind me of a hummingbird in flight, only in pink and white. I love plants that bloom indoors, especially during the long, cold winters. 

Christmas Cactus, thankfulness


What are you thankful for today?



1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you've kept it alive this long. Mine would have long been dead. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete