Friday, February 7, 2014

Thankful Thursday 2/6/14 - Ragamuffin Movie

On Friday I get to have a night out. One of my friends and I are going to see the Rich Mullins movie "Ragamuffin." I have been inspired by his music for a long, long, time. I know his life wasn't perfect, none of ours is. Yet I always found a simple, true faith speaking through his music.

Besides wanting to see the movie, I'm really looking forward to a night without the kids. I'm having my own share of cabin fever this winter. We've had twice our normal snowfall and the temperatures have been below normal, making me long for Spring. I enjoy spending time with my friends, but it doesn't happen often. We're all Moms with our own homes to manage, and budgets to stay within. When we get together it's usually for something inexpensive.

Friday night's movie is a treat for me. One I'm really thankful for! I'm also thankful that my husband told the girls this was a "Mom only" evening. Sometimes, it's just nice to get away... know what I mean?!

I'm thankful for today, for a movie to go see, and for some sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment