Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday- 10/31/13 - The color blue

I am thankful for the color blue. (Just in case you're wondering, it is NOT my favorite color.) Why the color blue? It reminds me of so many things God has created for us. The sky, the sea, robin's eggs, Morpho butterflies in the Amazon...the list goes on and on.

Why else am I thankful for the color blue? Because it can convey so many emotions. Sometimes it is light and cheery, sometimes it is deep and somber. It can be cool and sometimes almost sterile, but more often blue is inviting. The color blue helps me relax.

One of the ladies in a Bible study I attended years ago told me that blue always reminds her of God's faithfulness. To me, blue is a comforting color.

Some days, you just sigh with contentment when you see a beautiful blue sky. Even though I didn't see the blue sky today (because it was raining,) I know I will see the blue sky again. It will remind me of all God has made, and hopefully, I'll sigh with contentment.

Today, I am thankful for the color blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment