Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday ~ Back to homeschool blog hop



There are a lot of reasons for us to be thankful today, but here is one of the biggest ones: we are together! After having both girls at the Indiana State Fair for the past month, it is really great having everyone at home again. I know that a lot of our friends are looking forward to being "empty nesters," and I understand why, I just know that we still have a little while to go before that happens.


This is a picture of the 4-H complex, on a not-busy day. This is where our girls spent most of the past month. Now they get the joy of putting their bedrooms back together. Oh yeah, and they need to wash a bunch of laundry.

Arlene has one semester left of high school. Just one. After 15+ years of home education, it is drawing to a close. It will be a full semester for her, but I know she can accomplish what is still needed before graduation in December if she sticks to it. What's left? good question, and one we will look at next week as I finally get some lesson planning done. We never start until the Tuesday after Labor Day, so why change that now? 

We are going to enjoy this last week and a half together - not thinking about schoolwork. Summers are short enough, so today we are thankful for these last few days of freedom. And truthfully, I'm thankful that the Indiana State Fair is over. It was a wonderful 17 days, but I'm still a bit tired from all the fun.

I know this last semester of high school will not be the end of our family adventures, and that makes me thankful too! Here is the kind of look I regularly get treated to:


Why yes, that is Arlene pretending to drink out of the maple syrup bottle. We all like maple syrup for our pancakes, and I'm pretty sure she was trying that day to convince me to buy extra of her favorite grade. Don't worry, we bought plenty!

Life can get crazy at times, so take every moment you can when it is calm-er and be thankful. Then when it gets crazy, remember to be thankful for the people you have in your life.

Emily just began her second year of college yesterday. Nothing like coming home and jumping right in.

As I was getting ready yesterday morning, I took the time to thank God for all the wonderful things He has blessed us with. There have been really tough times, and some easier times. What never changes is God's faithfulness. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Be thankful, and share your joy - someone needs that sparkle in their lives today!



** **



No comments:

Post a Comment