Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 1/22/15 - Sunshine, and the Library

This week the sun has come out - a lot!  It's not that we live in a place that is always cloudy, but rather the simple truth that when it's been cold and dreary, the sunshine helps my mental state tremendously! I am thankful for the sunshine. I am thankful that the snow and ice are melting off and that it is warm enough to go outside without bundling up like you live in Siberia! This week it hit 50 degrees. Considering the low last week was -4, that's a huge thing to be thankful for!

Thankfulness


The weather can make us thankful, but so can other things. Like our library. We used to go to the library every single week, but now that the girls are older and their schoolwork takes more of the day, we don't go as often. I'm thankful for all the things our library offers, and I'm thankful we can put books on hold for pickup on the weeks when we're too busy to go browse. During this week's visit I spoke with two other home educating Moms who were at the library. Both conversations gave me reasons to be thankful, and added to my prayer list. In case you're wondering, neither conversation was about home schooling. :)

We live in a world with libraries and sunshine. In the midst of a trying week, God used both things to remind me how much He loves and cares for me. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment