Friday, August 15, 2014

Thankful Thursdays - 8/14/14 - The Less Traveled Road

I am so thankful to live in America, where we have choices. I am thankful that we get to choose how to live our lives, what our vocations will be, what we eat, how we educate our children - there are just SO many choices we get to make! Sometimes those choices can seem overwhelming, but most of the time, they just give us a chance to see how diverse God has made each one of us.

I am a blue jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. I can dress up, or get grubby, with the best of them, but I prefer just to be me. I am usually not a trend follower. I like being me, and I know that God in His infinite wisdom is not yet done making me into the woman He wants me to be! I know that my life will continue to ebb and flow and that change will happen yet again. My comfort in knowing that God is in control of my life allows me to find joy even in the struggles. God grants me grace daily to be His child. I am so thankful that He gives me choices. Sometimes those choices are as simple as blue or green, beef or chicken . . . sometimes they are more complicated, like choosing a math program for one of our daughters.

I am thankful for sunshine, cloudy days, and rain. While God chooses the weather, I get to choose my attitude. Hopefully I am choosing wisely! When I look at my life, I am often reminded of Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken." I am thankful to be able to choose the "one less traveled by."






No comments:

Post a Comment