Sunday, February 28, 2016

1 John 3:18 ~ Love in Action

1 John 3:18, Christian encouragement


What did your actions say this past week?

Were they actions that showed love?

Did your behavior point others towards the Truth?

Christian, we ought not be like the world! When is the last time you acted in a way that showed the love of Christ to those around you? When did you last try to make the workload easier for someone... instead of harder? When were you putting the needs of others before your own desires?

I ask, because God has been showing me that I need to be acting, not just telling. My children have been reminding me that I've not been focusing on others recently, and I've been getting cranky.

Has this happened to you too? The wonderful news is that God's mercies are new every morning! I can start afresh! You can start afresh! We can choose to rely upon Christ as our all in all, instead of trying to rely upon ourselves. We can choose to trust His strength to be enough for today, for tomorrow, for next week. We can choose to love others with our actions, and in truth, entrust them to the care of our Heavenly Father.

Let us choose to not only love with words and speech this week, but to also love with our actions! Make the way easier for your fellow traveler. Show Christ's love to those around you. Don't think about if they deserve it or not ~ remember, YOU and I did not deserve Christ's love and mercy ~ yet He freely gave them to us anyway!

Love in action was Christ dying on the cross for you and me. Love in action is me choosing to make the way easier, to lighten someone else's workload, to focus on others, to stop being cranky. What does love in action look like for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment