Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

A new year is here. Am I ready for it? Probably not. That's OK, because God knows what is coming, and I trust that HE is sufficient to see me through. 

I have been thinking about the new year, and things I might want to accomplish during it. But mostly, I've been asking God to give us direction for our life. So far He has been whispering to me only one word - transformation.



I realize this word means I cannot plan for what is coming, there is no one thing I can do, add or give up to prepare for what He will do. I can only change the superficial things about myself, however God's transformation can remake me. He can do things I cannot even imagine.

So what will this year hold? I have no idea, yet I am not afraid. I know Who holds my future.

I am constantly reminded of James 4:13-15
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” (ESV)



There are sure to be times of refinement that I will struggle with. May I be reminded that God is doing all things for my good and His glory. Only God can transform a caterpillar into a butterfly. Only God can transform me.

Trusting Him with 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment