Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pleasant Boundaries




Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
   

 you make my lot secure.


The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    

surely I have a delightful inheritance.  

Psalm 16:5-6

This portion of Psalm 16 has been on my mind a lot recently. Often in the past, I have made the mistake of focusing on what we don't have, or what I wish we had, instead of being thankful for what we already have. Have you fallen into that trap? The world around us is screaming "More! More! More!" while the gentle voice of the Lord reminds us that He provides all we need.

I want to keep my focus on the Lord being my chosen portion. I want to rest in knowing that He provides all of our needs, as well as many of our wants. When we look at the world at large, where people are persecuted, where children go hungry, where dictators rule with oppression, we are reminded of how blessed our own lives are. 

My life is simple, it is pleasant. Our family is intact, we are healthy. The boundary lines are quite pleasant right now. I know challenging times will come again. God has carried us through them in the past, I want to trust Him to carry us through them again.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. My inheritance is in Heaven, indeed I live a beautiful, blessed life.


Counting Pinecones

Want to find more encouragement from The Word? Visit the linkup at Counting Pinecones.

1 comment:

  1. So much wisdom to be found in the Psalms.. Thank you for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete